Welcome to South Georgia Tech’s campus housing. South Georgia Tech is one of only two technical colleges in the State of Georgia that offers campus housing. Martin Hall and James Hall (see campus map) are available for men and women currently enrolled in credit classes at SGTC. Individually designed with you in mind, Americus campus housing offers private, or semi-private dorm rooms. Each room is furnished but we hope you will add your own creative touches to make you feel more at home. The rooms are also designed to provide a quiet place for your study.
Each wing of the dormitories has a Resident Assistant (RA) to help its residents with any situations that may occur. The RA’s are under the direction of Campus Safety office. If you are interested in becoming an RA, please contact Director of Campus Safety and Dorms.
If you would like to reside on the Americus campus at SGTC, complete the Residence Hall Application, attach a $150 housing damage deposit and mail to SGTC Business Office to be considered for the residence halls. Criminal background checks are done when applicable. To review our room agreement form click here SGTC Residence Hall Agreement form.
All dormitory rooms provide:
- Basic cable television service
- Free internet service, always connected 24/7
- Keyed entry to individual dorm rooms
- Twin or bunk style beds
- 4 drawer chest and individual closet
- Extra storage area beneath bed
- Computer desk with chair
- Space for your personal microwave and mini-refrigerator
- Private bathrooms in each room
Common areas feature:
- Large screen plasma television with extended cable television service
- Comfortable sitting area and game tables
- Conveniently located laundry facilities within residence hall
- Vending machines
- Microwave oven
- Electronic key pass to enter residence hall
- Electronic exterior intercom entry for your visitors
The laundry facilities in each residence hall:
- Conveniently located in center of residence hall
- Large load washers and dryers
- Coin operated at $1.00 per load
Other amenities include: Campus Safety office
- Officers on duty 24/7
- Cell phone 229-938-2992
Rates for housing per term (including meal plan) are:
Housing Closure Request
Dormitories are closed in between terms. If a student needs to reside in a dormitory room between terms, he or she must complete the Housing Closure Request form which can be obtained from the Campus Safety office.
Housing requests in between terms are considered and approved upon the following situations:
- Enrolled as a student the following term,
- Extreme long distance to travel home in between terms,
- Students’ need for local lodging in order to retain local employment (must furnish proof of job) in between terms, and
- Emergency situations which may relate to student needing a place to reside in order to remain in college.