||Values and Strategies
South Georgia Technical College shares TCSG’s values that are fundamental to all plans, programs, services, and operations including:
- Belief in the value of the individual
- Belief that SGTC should strive to assure that all people have access to equal educational opportunities.
- Belief in the value of education and learning as a benefit to individuals and society as a whole
- Belief in the value of work and work ethics as an integral and necessary part of health and growing individuals, cultures, and economies
- Belief in the value of local community input and involvement in education
- Belief that literacy and English proficiency are essential for people to function well and be self-sufficient in today’s society
- Belief that the vast majority of our service area should gain training beyond a high school diploma in order to gain satisfying employment and adequate wages
- Belief that SGTC should fulfill its mission by serving students, employers, and economic developers as its primary customers
- Belief that SGTC should design programs and services to meet the needs of its customers and thereby provide training that satisfies business and industry specifications and student needs
- Belief that SGTC should incorporate use of leading-edge technology into all programs, services, and operations
- Belief that SGTC should provide training in occupational competencies that enables students to become technically proficient
- Belief that SGTC should provide residential living to accommodate training opportunities in the region we serve STRATEGIES
Goal 1: Provide Student Access and Promote Student Success at All Levels
South Georgia Technical College seeks to train and retrain a highly competitive workforce by providing resources to meet the expectations of citizens and businesses in our service area.
Goal 2: Build Georgia’s Workforce for Economic Vitality
South Georgia Technical College will facilitate economic development for our service delivery area by providing Quick Start services, Work Ready certification, customized services for business and industry, and continuing education.
Goal 3: Improve the Visibility, Recognized Value, and Support of Technical Education, Adult Education, and Workforce Training In Our Service Area.
South Georgia Technical College will contribute to the economic prosperity, quality of life and “education culture” of our service delivery area through the availability of continuing education, community involvement, and public awareness of the benefits of technical and adult education.
Goal 4: Enhance South Georgia Tech’s Organizational Development and Internal Workforce.
South Georgia Technical College seeks to meet the expectations of citizens and businesses in our service area for quality technical education, adult literacy, and economic development programs with dedicated, qualified employees.
Goal 5: Enhance Student Learning and Achievement
South Georgia Technical College will provide quality instruction and services to prepare SGTC graduates to be productive and dependable employees in their chosen profession.