Move on When Ready


Move On When Ready

The New Move On When Ready (MOWR)

Programs formerly known as Accel, dual enrollment, and the old Move On When Ready are being consolidated into one program called Move On When Ready (MOWR). The new MOWR allows high school students to take either academic degree level core courses that will transfer to any TCSG or USG college or university, occupational courses, and diploma level core courses. Some students may choose to enroll fully into a degree, diploma or technical certificate of credit program, or they may choose to just take a few courses. All college coursework taken through MOWR will be fully covered through MOWR funding, and students will not be required to pay out of pocket for tuition, college fees, or textbooks. The only fees students may be responsible for are course-specific fees determined by the college. No hours taken through the new MOWR program will count towards a student’s HOPE Grant or Scholarship Caps. Dual enrollment opportunities enhance student engagement, improve graduation rates and increase student learning. Participating in the new MOWR program is a great incentive for high school students to get a jump start on their college coursework at little or no cost to the student.

Benefits of taking SGTC courses while in high school through the Move On When Ready Program:


Any 9th – 12th grade students enrolled in an eligible Georgia high school or home study program, who has achieved required scores on the college placement exam, is eligible to take part in the program. If you haven’t taken the placement exam yet, please contact the High School Initiative Specialist to schedule a time to test. There are NO residency or citizenship requirements.


All of the classes that were available under the old dual-enrollment, Accel, and old Move On When Ready programs will still be available under the NEW Move On When Ready, plus many additional courses. You will see no change in how South GA Tech offers the classes. Courses may be taught face-to-face on the college campus, the high school campus, online or hybrid. Students will be allowed to take up to 15 credit hours per semester at each college they attend. Students can enroll in South Georgia Technical College courses during Fall, Spring or Summer Semesters.

Application Process

High school students wishing to enroll in the new MOWR program must first meet with their high school guidance counselor. New MOWR students will be asked to complete a Move On When Ready Application, MOWR Score sheet Info for High School and the Move When Ready Student Handbook which will include all of the required forms needed to participate in the program.

Additionally, students will be asked to go onto website to apply for their financial aid. Once a student has done this, his/her high school counselor will then add the approved classes in Stars, and the South Georgia Technical College MOWR officMove On When Readye/Financial Aid office will approve/invoice the courses. New MOWR students must complete the online MOWR funding application each semester they are enrolled at the college and failure to do so will result in them being billed for their South Georgia Technical College classes. Students also must maintain a 2.0 grade point average and pass 67% of coursework attempted in order to receive Move On When Ready funds.

Tuition, Fees, and Books

Tuition and most fees are covered by MOWR for every eligible student in the program. Books will also be provided to new MOWR students at no charge to the students. Because students are now eligible to participate in almost all South Georgia Technical College programs, they may be responsible for course-specific fees in some program areas; however, most South Georgia Technical College programs do not require such fees. Students should speak to the High School Initiative Specialist to find out specifics about course-related fees. High School students cannot enroll in the following specialized programs at South Georgia Technical College under MOWR…. John Deere, Caterpillar, Law Enforcement Academy, License Practical Nursing or Commercial Truck Driving. Please contact your area High School Coordinator for additional information.