The GED test can only be administered to individuals who:
- Are at least 16 years of age* (16 and 17 year olds must enroll in a state-approved adult education program and receive approval to test. Contact SGTC Adult Education for more information.)
- Have not graduated from an accredited high school
- Are not currently enrolled in a regular high scholl
- Can provide a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state identification card, military ID or Passport).
GED testing requires advanced registration through GED Testing Services. If you receive a SGTC testing scholarship, contact the SGTC testing administrator at 229-931-4998 or 229-931-7323 for registration instructions.
- There are four tests: Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, and Math. The cost for the test is $40 per subject or $160 for the entire battery of tests.
- You must bring an unexpired state or federal issued identification card to the testing center on test day.
- Testing is offered at the following locations:
- Americus campus – 900 South Georgia Tech Pkwy, Americus, GA 31709
- Cordele campus – 402 North Midway Road, Cordele, GA 31015
If you need to request a GED Transcript click here.