Procedures for Admission:
- Complete an application:
- Click this link or the “Apply Now!” button above, then select “Apply for Admission.” Then, follow the on-screen instructions to either create a new account or apply with an existing account.
- You may also obtain an application by contacting the Admissions Office:
900 South GA Tech Parkway
Americus, GA 31709
402 North Midway Road
Cordele, GA 31015
- Pay a one-time non-refundable application fee of $25.
- Provide official high school transcript/GED/college transcript(s).
- Fill out a Request for Transfer Credit form in order to receive credits for classes taken at previous college(s)
- Provide proof of residency and picture ID.
- Schedule an appointment to take the placement test *if needed.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
- Receive acceptance letter and final instructions from SGTC Admissions Office.
*The placement exam is designed to determine the applicant’s reading, writing and math skills in order to guide the student in educational and career decisions. It is not designed to be a hindrance or barrier to enrollment in a program. Exceptions in lieu of the placement exam are:
- ASSET/Compass/Accuplacer scores from another technical college in Georgia within the last 5 years
- SAT scores of 430 critical reading and 400 math for diploma, 450 critical reading and 440 math for degree within the last 5 years
- ACT scores of 13 reading, 12 English, and 17 math for diploma; 17 reading, 16 English, 19 math for degree
- Passing grades (minimum of “C”) in credit English and math courses from an accredited post-secondary institution
Placement test results will be discussed with you immediately following testing. Student Affairs counselors will be available to answer questions regarding your scores, registration, Veteran’s Affairs, financial assistance, transfer credit and special programs, such as equity, special needs, and WIA.